About Alain Lenôtre
Third generation of French chefs:
- Grandfather: Gaston Lenôtre, chef at the Grand Hotel in Paris
- Grandmother: Eleonore Lenôtre, chef for the Rothschild family in Paris and Bordeaux in 1900
- Father: Gaston Lenôtre, Pâtisserie chef owner in Pont-Audemer, Normandie in 1945 and in 1957 in Paris, France
1962 to 1964: Apprenticeship and further training in Pastry, Bakery, Ice cream, Chocolate, Cuisine, Catering in LeNôtre Paris laboratories after High school.
1964/65: French Army, Military Service, 60e Regiment of Cavalry in Germany.
1971: Creation of the Ecole LeNôtre next to the Family Central Kitchen of Plaisir west of Paris, the first continuing education culinary art school in France.
1972-1982: Chief Operating Officer of LeNôtre Paris, including managing the Catering department and the Franchise network in Germany, Japan and Brazil.
1982: MBA at University Paris I.
1982 to 1984: President of LeNôtre USA in Houston.
1988: Creation with his wife Marie of the Culinary Institute Lenôtre in Houston Texas.
1990: Create Alain Lenôtre Franchise Pâtisserie café in Cairo Egypt.
Contribution to the translation in English and republishing by Flammarion with his sister Sylvie of "Faites votre PATISSERIE comme LENOTRE" 2021.
Father of 5 children and grandfather of 11 grandchildren.
- REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE: KNIGHT IN THE ORDER OF MERITE AGRICOLE, 2010.
- US CONGRESS : CERTIFICATE OF CONGRESSIONAL RECOGNITION by the Honorable Pete Olson, member of Congress 2019 : "A tribute to Alain Lenôtre whose commitment to bettering the lives of others has transformed our community and inspired others to do the same."
- STATE OF TEXAS: Commissioned HONORARY TEXAN by Governor Rick Perry 2002
About the Book
Where to order the Book:
Available wherever books are sold, go to your favorite book store or buy it online HERE
Please note that the book will be released on November the 30, you can pre-order it.
In person event, interview, and book signing
The French Library is pleased to welcome Joshua Kent Bookman, a Bostonian author and globetrotter, for a discussion of his second novel, To: All The Friends I Killed.Read More
in-person, educational tasting in English
Discover the basics of grapes, classification levels, sub-regions, and geography of Burgundy in the first seminar of our French Library Wine Seminars series.Read More