At The French Library Get Directions
About this EventChristine and Daniel Cooney of Heavenly Spirits will lead a tasting accompanied by a fascinating presentation exploring a variety of typically French aperitifs.
Enjoy Eight Different Aperitif Samples
- Armorik Single Malt Whisky, Double Maturation | Distillerie Warenghem, Brittany, France
- Diplome 1945 Gin, London Dry Style | Dijon, France
- Normand Apple Cider (cidre brut bouché) Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Normand Pear Cider Brut (Organic) Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Pommeau de Normandie, Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Pineau des Charentes Blanc, Normandin Mercier | La Rochelle, France
- Pastis, La Muse Verte | Artez distillerie, Arthez d’Armagnac, France
- Absinthe, La Muse Verte | Artez distillerie, Arthez d’Armagnac, France
About Heavenly Spirits
About Christine and Dan Cooney
Born in the Cognac region of France, Christine spent summers at her grandparents’ farm north of La Rochelle, where she watched her grandfather, Amédée Foubert, run his winery and distill eau de vie from plums and other fruits grown on the farm. She has worked in the spirits industry for over twenty-five years and is considered an authority in the field of imported French spirits.
In addition to running his own graphic design and marketing companies, Dan has worked as a Professor of Art and Design for over fifteen years, most recently at Bridgewater State University. His paintings, drawings, and sculptures are in collections all over the world. After twenty-five years of working in the wine and spirits industry and another stay in France, the Cooneys relocated to Massachusetts and, in 2008, created Heavenly Spirits.
Dancing Off The Page at the French Library
In-person French party in English and in French
Looking for that perfect Friday night plan? Kick-off your weekend with our brand new event, Dancing Off the Page! Move to the beat while you enjoy live music, wine, and French delicatessen. Bring your crew or come alone to meet new friends and enjoy this one-of-a-kind "French" night! Let’s party en français !Read More
March Alors... Conversation Club
In-person, Indoor Event in French
Seeking opportunities to speak French? Join us for our popular members-only conversation gathering.Read More
French winter antidote: croissant et chocolat chaud
In person Baking Event in French
Don’t you wish you could take a bite of a “just out of the oven” real French croissant, beurré à souhait and dip it in your morning coffee? Make your dream come true by rolling up your sleeves and join to Sonia to learn how to make delicious French croissants.Read More