1.5 hours per week for 5 weeks Starting June 29, 2023
At French Library
About this ClassReady for Summer reading, back from sunbathing and before some cultural stroll?
Join Michaela for this riveting novel which was topping NYTimes bestselling list for quite a while!
[French author] Nina de Gramont's The Christie Affair is a beguiling novel of star-crossed lovers, heartbreak, revenge, and murder—and a brilliant re-imagination of one of the most talked-about unsolved mysteries of the twentieth century.
Every story has its secrets.
Every mystery has its motives.
“A long time ago, in another country, I nearly killed a woman. It’s a particular feeling, the urge to murder. It takes over your body so completely, it’s like a divine force, grabbing hold of your will, your limbs, your psyche. There’s a joy to it. In retrospect, it’s frightening, but I daresay in the moment it feels sweet. The way justice feels sweet.”
The greatest mystery wasn’t Agatha Christie’s disappearance in those eleven infamous days, it’s what she discovered.
London, 1925: In a world of townhomes and tennis matches, socialites and shooting parties, Miss Nan O’Dea became Archie Christie’s mistress, luring him away from his devoted and well-known wife, Agatha Christie.
The question is, why? Why destroy another woman’s marriage, why hatch a plot years in the making, and why murder? How was Nan O’Dea so intricately tied to those eleven mysterious days that Agatha Christie went missing?
Books can be ordered on the MEP Education website here.
OBJECTIFS DU COURS:
1) Comprendre les contextes culturels, historiques et géographiques des écrits
2) Identifier les thèmes importants et parler intertextualité et interculturalité
3) Analyser le style littéraire de chaque auteur et les styles de narration
4) Utiliser le lexique d’analyse littéraire
5) Travailler l’argumentation orale et écrite à travers des débats, compte-rendus et exercices de création littéraire