1 hour 30 per week for 10 weeks
At Online via Zoom
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Édito A2
In this course you will cover units 1 and half of unit 2 of Edito 2. Please note that a CD player is needed to play the included disc.
Content you will cover in Unit 1: "C’est la vie !"Learn How To
- Read about a selection of artists, talk about your roots, voice a personal preference, propose an outing, accept, schedule, and turn down events.
- The passé composé with être and irregular past participles, negative sentence structures like ne…rien/personne/jamais/plus, sequencing words.
- Learn about the game of pétanque, discover Senegal’s holidays.
- Talk about your personal life, professional life, free time, leisure activities, social events, going out, sports, and games.
- The [s] and [z] sounds; [s]: se séparer; [z]: la musique
Content you will cover in Unit 2:
Learn How To
- Comprehend an excerpt from a piece of literature, describe a photograph, share a memory (happy or otherwise), read a tourist manual, write a postcard or a comment online.
- The imperfect tense with avoir, manger, and commencer, the pronouns y and en (spatial), adjective placement in a sentence.
- Learn about French vacation habits and idiomatic expressions related to rain.
- People, pastimes, identity, countries and nationalities, numbers up to 100.
- The liaison with the pronoun en; Vous n’en êtes pas reparti(s) à l’heure
The people in the class were interesting, hardworking and fun. I look forward to coming to class every [week]!
The French Library is an oasis of learning and culture. Nora is an incredible teacher, and the library has a wonderful collection.