About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1
Required textbook: L'Atelier + A2
In this course you will cover Units 5 and 6
Content you will cover in Unit 5:
Learn How To
"Ensemble c’est mieux ! "
- Decide to leave ; justify a choice ; express a difficulty ; encourage someone ; insist on inviting.
- Adjectival order ; the pronouns en and y ; negation; conjugating se battre.
- Cities of the French-speaking world ; take a virtual world tour.
- UTravel ; going on a trip; qualities and faults ; challenging yourself ; physical fitness.
- The consonant sequence and consonants  and 
Content you will cover in Unit 6:
Learn How To
"C’est trop beau !
- Describe a sensation ; give an appreciation; identify an expression ; buy a work ; advise by mail.
- the superlative; the interrogative pronouns lequel, laquelle, lesquels, lesquelles ; the adverbs ending in -ment, -amment et -emment ; conjugating s’asseoir
- The Maman sculpture in Ottawa ; record a sound podcast.
- the 5 senses ; nature, art and culture; adjectives to appreciate; emotions.
- Consonants [s] and [z] ; the vowels , [e] and [a]
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.