About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1
Required textbook: L'Atelier + A1
In this course you will cover Units 7 and 8
Content you will cover in Unit 7 :
Learn How To
"Pourquoi déménager? "
- Talk about your family ; compare homes ; change your life; call for information; inform of a change of address ; create a map of apartments for rent.
- Possessive adjectives ; the recent past ; direct object pronouns ; le, la, les ; comparisons ; tonic pronouns and prepositions ; the past tense with être
- Housing in Switzerland and Canada.
- Family; home ; rooms of a house ; life changes.
- [œ] and half-vowel sounds [j], and [w], [y], [i], [e]
Content you will cover in Unit 8:
Learn How To
"Il y a un problème?
- Talk about your health ; give your opinion; express agreement and disagreement ; present a problem ; send an invitation by email ; design a smart device for learning.
- The imperative form ; demonstrative pronouns celui-ci /celle-ci ; relative pronouns qui and que ; duration with pendant and depuis ; adjectival order.
- Health ; new technologies.
- Body parts ; at the doctor's ; naming objects ; social networks ; the cell phone ; giving your opinion.
- The vowel sound [a] ; consonant sound /R/ and [l] ; liaisons
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.