3 hours per week for 6 weeks Starting June 26, 2023
At Online via Zoom
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1
Required textbook: L'Atelier + A1
In this course you will cover Units 5 and 6
Content you will cover in Unit 5 :
Learn How To
"C’est arrivé quand?"
- Describe fashion ; describe an atmosphere ; relate an experience ; buy clothes ; give instructions ; prepare an audio tour.
- The past tense with avoir ; c’était, il y avait, il faisait; the past tense and the negative form ; the past tense with être ; conjugating Mettre
- Artists and their works ; parties and festivals
- Clothing; fashion; musical instruments ; describing an atmosphere; music; time indicators; numbers from 100 to 1 million; emotions.
- Nasal vowel sounds ; consonant and vowel sequencing.
Content you will cover in Unit 6:
Learn How To
"Alors, ton nouveau travail?
- Present oneself for a job ; talk about one's habits ; describe your colleagues ; make an appointment by telephone ; present yourself professionally on LinkedIn; write an infographic on jobs of tomorrow.
- Question words: comment, où, pourquoi ; expressing obligation and possibility with devoir and pouvoir ; pronominal verbs ; adjectival agreement ; conjugating devoir, pouvoir and se coucher.
- Happiness at work ; French actors.
- Qualities and defects ; expressing the qualities of something ; necessary ; daily activities ; physical description ; telephone number
- Intonation ; the silent « e » ; consonant sounds [f], [v], [s], [z]
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.