About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Édito A1 2022 Edition
In this course, you will study units 6, 7 & 8 : p.87-127.
Level A1-2 required or equivalent. In preparation for CECR: A1
Content you will cover in Unit 6:
Learn How To
Qu’est-ce qu’on fait aujourd’hui?
- Talk about daily activities; Ask/Tell the time; Suggest an outing; Accept/Refuse an outing; Describe a person.
- Pronominal verbs in the present tense; Frequency (2) (parfois, rarement, tous les…) ; The recent past; Verbs in -ir in the present tense (parfois, rarement, tous les…)
- Mathilde Boulesteix, sports journalist - TV series - Kylian Mbappé, footballer; "Nuit blanche" in Paris; Nuit culturelle et Sportive; European and French-speaking cultural nights; Quefaire.be (Belgium), a website for cultural outings; Comic book authors.
- Time of day, daily activities, home activities, free time, cultural outings; Physical description and character.
- Consonants [s] and [z]; Vowels [ø] and [œ].
Content you will cover in Unit 7:
Learn How To
Chez moi !
- Find out about accommodation; Express rules for living together; Understand house rules; Apologize in a message; Explain a domestic problem.
- Past tense with avoir (trouver); Prepositions of place; Obligation and prohibition (inﬁnitive, imperative); COD pronouns (le, la, l', les); The verb connaitre.
- garage sale afﬁche (Paris) - HomeByMe website (3D living room plan); Charlotte Perriand, modernity before its time; First woman architect and designer; French-speaking designers; Pwiic website (Belgium) for mutual help between neighbors
- Housing, equipment: rooms; furniture, household appliances, objects and decoration; building, repairs: problems and solutions, professionals.
- Vowels [e] and [E]; The unpronounced ﬁnal "e" and consonant sequence
Content you will cover in Unit 8:
Learn How To
En forme !
- Express a positive or negative emotion; Talk about health and sport; Ask about weight and height; Express agreement or disagreement; Express an obligation, a ; Prohibition; Give advice.
- The passé composé (2) with avoir + other participles; with être (je suis allé(e)); The pronoun y; Obligation and prohibition (devoir); Advice; The verb boire.
- app Activ'Dos (l'Assurance Maladie) - app Petit Bambou (meditation) - app Yuka (product information) ; Docteur ? Excerpt from the ﬁlm Docteur ?; ﬁlms and plays; Writers (Jules Romains, Molière); Belgian and Swiss words.
- Body and health: body parts, height, weight, symptoms, illnesses, places, medicines, examinations, medical professions, emotions; Sport, diet: gym, sports.
- The consonant [R]; The consonants [b] and [v].
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.