3 hours per week for 6 weeks Starting April 10, 2023
At The French Library Get Directions
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1
Required textbook: L'Atelier + A1
In this course you will cover Units 3 and 4; pp. 48 to 79
Content you will cover in Unit 3:
Learn How To
"On va où cet été?"
- Talk about the weather ; ask about a city ; ask and give directions ; express a need, a desire ; write an e-postcard ; write about experiences in your city.
- Prepositions before cities and countries ; question words : est-ce que... ? qu’est-ce que… ? ; adjectival agreement ; contracted article with prepositions of place ; the pronoun y ; conjugating Venir and Prendre.
- Tourism ; Quebec and France.
- The weather ; ordinal numbers ; places in the city ; prepositions of place ; means of transportation .
- Le, la, les ; the silent « e »
Content you will cover in Unit 4:
Learn How To
"On mange quoi cette semaine?
- Talk about your eating habits ; do your shopping ; make plans ; order at a restaurant; show appreciation at a restaurant ; create a chef's video.
- Partitive articles ; frequency adverbial order ; expressions of quantity ; the future tense ; demonstrative adjectives : ce, cet, cette ; conjugating Boire and Manger.
- The French breakfast ; organic food.
- Frequency adverbs ; quantities ; businesses ; numbers from 70 à 100 ; giving advice ; paying ; showing appreciation.
- Du, de / deux, des ; the silent « e » ; consonant sounds [p], [b], [v]
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.