Mondays & Wednesdays (Sept 18 - Oct 30), 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Wednesdays & Fridays, 12:00 PM -1:30 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1
Required textbook: L'Atelier + A1
In this course you will cover Units 3 and 4; pp. 48 to 79
Content you will cover in Unit 3:
Learn How To
"On va où cet été?"
- Talk about the weather ; ask about a city ; ask and give directions ; express a need, a desire ; write an e-postcard ; write about experiences in your city.
- Prepositions before cities and countries ; question words : est-ce que... ? qu’est-ce que… ? ; adjectival agreement ; contracted article with prepositions of place ; the pronoun y ; conjugating Venir and Prendre.
- Tourism ; Quebec and France.
- The weather ; ordinal numbers ; places in the city ; prepositions of place ; means of transportation .
- Le, la, les ; the silent « e »
Content you will cover in Unit 4:
Learn How To
"On mange quoi cette semaine?
- Talk about your eating habits ; do your shopping ; make plans ; order at a restaurant; show appreciation at a restaurant ; create a chef's video.
- Partitive articles ; frequency adverbial order ; expressions of quantity ; the future tense ; demonstrative adjectives : ce, cet, cette ; conjugating Boire and Manger.
- The French breakfast ; organic food.
- Frequency adverbs ; quantities ; businesses ; numbers from 70 à 100 ; giving advice ; paying ; showing appreciation.
- Du, de / deux, des ; the silent « e » ; consonant sounds [p], [b], [v]
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.