About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
No previous requirements. Prepare for CECR : A1.
Required textbook: Édito A1 - 2022 Edition
In this course you will cover Units 0, 1 and 2; pp. 11 to 43
Content you will cover in Unit 0: "Bienvenue !"Learn How To
- greet; say your name; say a date; communicate in class
- alphabet; numbers; months; days of the week
Content you will cover in Unit 1:
Learn How To
- Introduce oneself, ask to introduce oneself; Ask for/giving personal information
- Nationality adjectives; The deﬁnis articles le, la, les, l'; Prepositions before city and country names; The interrogative adjective quel; The verbs avoir, être, s'appeler, parler.
- International celebrities - Angoulême festival (comics) - car-sharing site BlaBlaCar; Meeting people from around the world; Francophonie month; Francophone personalities; Numbers (Belgium and Switzerland).
- Leisure activities; Numbers (32 to 69); Countries and nationalities; Identity; Numbers (70 to 100).
- Rhythmic groups and the place of the tonic accent; Links with prepositions.
Content you will cover in Unit 2:
Learn How To
Près de moi
- Ask for/Say the place; Where you live; Express your tastes; Introduce your family; Talk about your family .
- Articles deﬁ nis and indéﬁnis; Verbs in -er in the present tense (love, hate); Possessive adjectives; Masculine and feminine forms of professions; The verb habiter.
- Lyon - Nice - Trouville - family photo, Elo Studio ; Cannes, city of cinema! The festival, film personalities (heritage) The Banff Festival (mountains); Montreux, Brussels
- Places; Leisure activities (music, cinema, sport); Family, family situation; Professions.
- Pronunciation of verbs in -er in the present tense; Connections with determiners.
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.