POSITIONPart-time Language Instructor - Summer 2023
REPORTS TODirector of Education, Youth Programs Manager
DESCRIPTIONThe French Library is hiring part-time language instructors for the on site Summer in French programs for teens and kids.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teaching of group classes in the children’s and/or teens' sections
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Education Department
- Create, organize and develop weekly theme-based activities
- Monday - Friday (day) from June 26 to September 1 - whole summer preferred but candidates available for several weeks only will also be considered
- Native or advanced proficiency in French (C1 level desired)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent preferred
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
COMPENSATIONPart time : teaching salary base $28/hour (additional pay for prep time and meetings). You'll get a complimentary French Library membership and get to work in a wonderful environment!
DEADLINE TO APPLYMay 5, 2023. To apply for this position, Please submit both your resume and cover letter written in French to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that candidate must be local or able to commute to work. No visa sponsorship for that position.
Starting date: late June 2023.