REPORTS TOOperations Manager
DESCRIPTIONResponsible for meeting and greeting all members and guests of the French Library of Boston, handling all incoming telephone calls, managing reservations for programs, processing payments for membership renewals and class registrations and assisting all departments as necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete spoken and written fluency in French and English required.
- Must be able to handle a multi-line telephone system with competence and accuracy.
- Must be proficient with database software, email communications and internet browsers.
- Ability to juggle simultaneous but conflicting demands accurately.
- Well-organized, detail oriented person with proven experience handling money.
- Personability and customer service experience required.
- Excellent telephone manners.
- Must maintain a professional appearance (dress code) and demeanor at all times.
- Must be permitted to work in the United States.
- Answer telephone, provide information for all callers and guests, take messages for French Library’s staff and trustees. Answer questions about classes, cultural programs, translation services, membership and rental of facilities.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting all French Library's members and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manage all reservations for cultural and membership events using our database. Process every payment made with cash, checks or credit cards.
- Process all walk-in membership sales, book sales, class registrations and translation requests.
- Keep the first floor neat and orderly. Follow a checklist for opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain the brochures counters.
- Answer or forward to the correct staff member all e-mails in the reception inbox.
- Assist other French Library departments as requested/ necessary.
- Work hand in hand with the salesperson with whom the reception area will be shared.
SCHEDULEThe final schedule will be determined depending on the candidate's availability and flexibility. A range of 6h to 9h per week (2-3 shifts) might be available.
Our opening hours can vary, but is generally as shown below:
Tuesday to Thursday (9:00am - 8 pm)
Fridays (9 am - 5:15 pm)
Saturdays (8:30 am – 4:00 pm)
Candidate should be available starting mid-August.