POSITIONFull-Time French Language Instructor
REPORTS TODirector of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager
DESCRIPTIONThe French Language Instructor will be joining the French Library at a very exciting time as we have just renovated our prestigious Back Bay brownstone building and rebranded. The main role of a full time instructor is to teach both online and on-site classes for adults, teens and children. Other specific responsibilities include: workshops on French and Francophone entities and events, implementation of linguistic, literary and cultural resources for our youth summer program. In-depth knowledge of French-speaking cultures is required as well as a willingness to share this knowledge with the Greater Boston Francophone and Francophile community. Please note that candidate must be local or able to commute to work
ONLINE AND ON-SITE RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teach group classes and private lessons to kids, teens and adults
- Lead literature workshops on various cultural themes highlighting Francophone history, traditions and current trends
- Participate in developing summer immersion programs for kids and teens ages 3 to 17
- Administer placement tests for students
- Participate in Education Department training sessions and meetings
- Develop pedagogical resources on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
- Create, organize, and teach classes based on different topics in relation to the Francophone world, current events in France, cultural differences and similarities, and other topics as required
- Offer administrative support for the logistical needs of the Education Department
- Collaborate with curriculum supervisors and the Director of Education on team projects for teachers at the Center
- Be a French native speaker or at the C1/C2 level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Have a Masters'degree in French as a Foreign Language, French (or DAEFLE) or equivalent
- Must understand and practice language teaching in full immersion in the classroom
- Be dynamic, enthusiastic, conscientious, creative, and comfortable with new technologies
- Have a welcoming personality and be ready to contribute to team spirit and the cultural life of the Alliance Française
- Demonstrate a desire to grow professionally by teaching different types of students and lead a variety of educational missions
- Be efficient and concise in communication as well as lesson preparation
- Be able to teach following a task-based approach that follows the competencies described by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
- Have genuine enthusiasm for teaching and experience teaching children and/or adolescents and/or adults
- Be able to manage a children’s class
- Must be willing to work evenings and Saturdays
- Valid accreditation as examiner or trainer for the DELF/DALF exams
- Familiarity with online teaching via Zoom or similar digital platforms
- Familiarity with Canvas and google classroom learning management tools
- Fall, Winter, Spring: Monday - Thursday (day, evening), Friday - Saturday (day) for adult and children's classes
- Summer: Monday - Friday (day) for children's summer program, Monday - Thursday (day, evening), and Friday (day) for adults' section
COMPENSATIONFull time : $46,000/year with benefits. You'll get a complimentary French Library membership and get to work in a wonderful environment!
HOW TO APPLYSend your CV and cover letter in French to email@example.com with the title: Full Time 2022
DEADLINE TO APPLYNovember 4, 2022
Start Date: December 2022
Duration of Contract: 12 months minimum
Do NOT call. Only the candidates whose application will have been retained for an interview will be contacted.
Positions are NOT OPEN to sponsoring: Applicants should already have a working visa/employment authorization card, or the green card (permanent resident status), or be a US citizen or bi-national
Please note that candidate must be local or able to commute to work.
Interviews will be held in person or via Zoom. No phone calls. We will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
The French Library/Alliance Française of Boston is an equal opportunity employer.