REPORTS TOPresident & Executive Director
DESCRIPTIONThe French Library seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant to execute a variety of administrative tasks and help implement activities and events. This is an exciting entry position for a bilingual (English-French) recent graduate who is curious and eager to cater to and embrace the French Library’s community.
We recruited a first Administrative Assistant a couple months ago. They are “floating” throughout the house and doing great work, and we now find ourselves with the need for a second one!
Founded in 1945, the French Library of Boston, is a 501(c)3, membership-based organization housed in a beautiful French Revival townhouse in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The French Library has three areas of activity: French language education for students of all ages; French-themed artistic and cultural activities throughout the year; and a library/médiathèque that houses some 32,000 French-language books, periodicals and electronic media, making it the largest private collection in the U.S.
RESPONSIBILITIESEvents planning execution
- Contribute ideas for cultural events addressing the various segments of our community: individuals, families, members and donors.
- Help Cultural programs Manager implement events and supervise volunteers.
- Host some social and conversation groups.
- Host some of the space rentals within the house.
- Help Executive Director maintain correspondence with individuals/members/donors, for general communication, gift acknowledgement letters and some reports.
- Inform trustees and committee members of upcoming meetings (board meetings held quarterly); tracking planned attendance at the meetings; setting up for and breaking down from the meetings.
- Help organize staff outings and yearly Executive Director’s holiday party.
- Research various subjects for list building of resources for outreach and membership growth.
- Contribute ideas for social media campaigns (content, graphics)
- Opportunity to contribute blog posts dealing with French and francophone culture
- Fluency or advanced proficiency in French
- Native level fluency in English
- Deep interest in French language and francophone cultures
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and with conviction
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Polite and persuasive oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and responsive
- Takes initiative and demonstrates follow-through
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite required
- Familiarity with database systems preferred
- Experience in an Administration setting strongly preferred
- Experience with event planning desired
- Experience in a multicultural environment desired
- Familiarity with WordPress and Canva a plus